Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"I Grew My Leg Almost Three Inches Last Month"

His name was Richard. I was the guest speaker at a spiritual center in Ventura California. I had just delivered a great rendition of my talk “Who do you think you are?” It dealt the difficulties I had regaining my health when my spine became infected with the e. coli bacteria. I was pointing out the challenges we may face from others when our goals and desires are met with failure after failure. My story ended with my perfect health. There were two major ideas in that talk. First, you can do anything. Second, the quality of your life starts with your perception of who you think you are.

I had given that talk hundreds of times and that morning I was quite pleased with my delivery and how it had been received. Later, I was standing in the lobby of the center greeting some of those who had been in attendance when this tall fellow came up with a big smile. He introduced himself, gave me a big hug and said, “I know exactly what you are talking about, I grew my leg almost three inches last month.” I was standing there with my mouth open when an older gentleman who had been behind him, stepped around and said, “He did! He used to have this big ol' lift on the bottom of his shoe and a few weeks ago he come to church without it. I never seen anything like that.” I started to chuckle and told Richard, “I’d enjoy hearing how you did that.” He smiled, gave me his card and said, “Call me.”

That afternoon I went to lunch with Reverend Paula, the spiritual leader of the group and as we were driving to the restaurant I asked her if she knew Richard. She said, “I sure do, did he tell you about his leg?”

A few weeks later Richard and I had lunch together. As we were sitting at a table outside he crossed his leg and then he pulled his foot up over his knee he laughed and pointed out the sole on his right shoe. He took off both shoes and showed me that the right shoe had the original sole. The left shoe had been resoled. He pointed out the small holes around the outside of the right sole and said that was where the lift had been attached. Richard grew his leg with mental work alone. No supplements, no growth hormones, nothing except his own introspection and declaration. He spent quality time developing the belief that he could do it. And in the end he just declared it would happen.

Richard and I became friends. I’ve had the pleasure of having dinner with him and his wife Wanda several times. I haven’t talked to them since they move to Arizona, but his story always brings a smile to my face.

I see my job as teaching and inspiring others to believe in their ability to create what they want. My book and the Everybody Wins Program I developed assist them to do that. In my years of teaching, I’ve met thousands of people who have created miracles in their lives. And there are still times when I witness the unlimited ability we all have to create reality, where like the older gentleman in Ventura I can say, “I never seen anything like that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment